I am a big fan of baby or little potatoes. I love cooking and eating them with the skin on. So when I saw these bags of little potatoes from Costco the other day, I couldn’t resist , so I had to grabbed one. I used some for the chicken pot pie I made for dinner. As for the rest, I roasted them Greek-style, with water, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. I served them as a side dish for the Greek chicken that I made. It was tender and lemony; the way I like my potatoes to be.
- 2 lbs little potatoes, whole or cut in halves, depending on the size
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, water and oregano in a small bowl to blend.
- Toss potatoes with vinaigrette in a roasting pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with foil and roast potatoes for 1 hour. Uncover and continue roasting for another 30 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Christine Cushing