This recipe is a lighter and smaller version of the traditional banana split. It consists of slices of banana, frozen yogurt, raspberries, nutella and shredded coconut. Banana split in its classic form consists of three scoops of ice cream, topped with pineapple, strawberry and chocolate syrup and garnished with nuts, whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Personally, this ice cream dessert is too much for one person. I think it was made to be shared
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 1 small scoop fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 pieces raspberries
- Cut banana diagonally into ½ inch pieces. Arrange cut bananas into a flower pattern on a plate.
- Put a raspberry between each slice of banana.
- Place a scoop of frozen yogurt in the middle of the arranged slices of banana.
- Melt Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds. Drizzle over the arrangement. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!