My family loves fried chicken, especially my mom’s recipe. Her recipe consists of chicken pieces marinated overnight in a mixture of calamansi juice (calamondin), soy sauce, sugar and 7-up and then fried. Along with pancit (noodles), her fried chicken was the popular dish to serve during birthdays and holidays.
This recipe is a healthier version of fried chicken; the chicken pieces are baked and not fried. Although it does not have the same crunchiness of fried chicken, these oven- fried pieces taste as good. One caution though is not to over bake the chicken otherwise it will come out dry. And of course these oven-fried chicken pieces taste better when they are eaten hot and fresh from the oven. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken parts (I used a mixture of thighs and legs)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in 13x9-inch pan in oven.
- In shallow dish, mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Place chicken, skin sides down, in pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer or until juice is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).