Don’t know what to do with the left-over wrappers after making lumpia or spring rolls? Make some turon. That’s what I usually do.
Turon is a popular Filipino snack that consists of a slice of banana, rolled in brown sugar, covered with a wrapper and fried. The usual type of banana used in turon is saba, and jackfruit is also added. But in this recipe, I used the regular bananas that can be bought in any supermarket and I omitted the jackfruit.
- 5 regular sized ripe bananas
- Brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Spring roll pastry, separated
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise and then cut each piece into 2. One banana will yield 4 pieces.
- Roll one sliced banana in sugar. Wrap it in a spring roll pastry. For steps on how to wrap spring roll, click here.
- Repeat process for every slice of banana.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown on each side.
- Drain and serve with vanilla ice cream or by itself. Enjoy!!!