Pork Adobo with Mushroom
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 ½ lb pork belly or shoulder , cut into 2 inch cubes
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water plus more as needed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 oz small white button mushrooms
Using a damp paper towel, gently wipe tops of mushrooms. Slice each mushroom in half and then set aside.
In a heavy pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 4 minutes.
Add the vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, bay leaves and pepper. Boil, without stirring and then lower heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until pork is tender.
Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Serve with rice.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 546mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.6mg