Recently, I was able to get hold of a health magazine, from which I was able to find some easy and delicious recipes. One of those recipes that I tried was this baked eggs with roasted vegetables. My family and I like this recipe because it consists of a few and easy accessible ingredients (except for Manchego cheese). Manchego cheese can be easily replaced by Parmesan, Romano or a sharp, white English cheddar. This recipe has a simple and easy to follow instruction as well. In this recipe, the seasoned vegetables was roasted first and then topped with cracked eggs. Then, it was finished off in the oven for another 10 minutes. I was very impressed on how this dish turned out. It was delicious, satisfying and healthy as well. I will definitely make this dish again. Enjoy!
Baked Eggs with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large yellow potato such as Yukon Gold, cut into small cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 150 g Manchego cheese shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine together broccoli florets, yellow potatoes, sweet potato, onion and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat vegetables.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly in the prepared pan and roast for 10 minutes. Stir vegetables; roast about 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
- Make six wells in the layer of vegetables. Break an egg into each well. Bake for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until eggs whites are set and yolks are starting to thicken. Sprinkle with pepper.
Bethany @ athletic avocado
What a fantastic option for a healthy weekend breakfast! I’ve been loving sheet pan recipes, they make life that much easier 🙂