This roasted salmon with yogurt caper sauce recipe is a must try. I made it for my family and they all loved it. I love this dish because it is simple, healthy and rewarding. It is a perfect dish to put together during the week, when one is usually pressed for time. The seasoned salmon was simply roasted in the oven and then served with a sauce mixture of yogurt, orange juice and zest, chopped parsley and capers. The sauce reminds me of tzatziki, a sauce I normally have when I have lamb, chicken or beef souvlaki. They are both thick, creamy and refreshing. Enjoy this roasted salmon with the yogurt-caper sauce with your favorite steamed vegetables or salad.
Roasted Salmon with Yogurt Caper Sauce
- 1 (2 lbs) salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet. Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, orange zest, chopped parsley, capers, and orange juice. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Drizzle over the salmon fillets.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.