It’s only 3 days away from “Super Bowl Sunday”. Millions of people will be watching and rooting for their favorite team. Some will be hosting and serving snacks at their house. One of the favorite foods to serve is chicken wings. There are so many recipes for chicken wings and a very popular choice is Parmesan garlic chicken wings.
This recipe is different in the sense that the wings are baked and not fried. The wings are first baked in a mixture of dried herbs like oregano, rosemary and cumin. It is then browned and tossed with a mixture of fresh basil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and seasoning salt. The cooked wings are very light, delicious and not greasy. It is good by itself and even more so when dipped in blue cheese dipping sauce. Yummy
- 2 ½ lbs whole chicken wings (or drumettes)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare chicken wings by removing wing tips and discard. Cut wings apart at joint. In a large bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Add chicken wings and toss well.
- Arrange wings in single layer on a rack set in a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, turning once midway through the cooking time.
- Increase oven temperature to broil, brown the wings for 5 minutes then turn and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic,parmesan cheese and seasoning salt. Add cooked wings and toss well.
- Serve as is or with blue cheese dipping sauce.
Note: Recipe adapted from Steamykitchen.com