We are so happy that it’s blueberry season because we love blueberries so much. We love eating it as a snack and putting it in our oatmeal every morning. I have some blueberry bushes in the backyard, but those are not enough for us. Luckily, we know a couple who owns a blueberry farm and buy a lot from them. We normally buy 40 lbs or so. We then wash, dry and put the blueberries in a freezer bag and enjoy them throughout the year. These banana blueberry muffins are perfect for all the blueberries and over-ripe bananas that we have. I like this recipe because it is easy and is like other muffin recipes. After 20 minutes in the oven, these muffins came out of the oven nice and moist. I can taste the nutmeg and cinnamon! These muffins are great as a snack and for breakfast.
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg , slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and then preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Grease 12 regular muffin tin and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Stir in mashed banana and then set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add all at once to banana mixture and stir until just mixed. Stir in blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full of the batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set muffin tin onto a wire rack and let cool before removing from the muffin tin.