This lemon roasted cauliflower dish was one that my son introduced to me. My youngest son recently moved out and has been trying new recipes and this is one that he recommended. I only know a few cauliflower recipes, so I thought that this would be a good addition. It uses ground sumac, which is a Middle Eastern spice that I had in my pantry. I use sumac for another dish: a simple chicken fattoush salad.
This recipe is very simple. The cauliflower florets are tossed in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, zest, cumin, sumac, salt and pepper. It is then roasted for 25 minutes. It came out crisp-tender and a strong sumac flavor.
- 1 large head of cauliflower , about 1 lb 11 oz, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemon juice for drizzling , optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, cumin and sumac. Toss until well combined and then season with salt and pepper. Place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower on a serving plate. Drizzle with lemon juice, if using.
Recipe source: everybodylikessandwiches.com