I had a lot of over-ripe bananas. Usually I would make banana bread but decided for a change to make this banana pound cake. I love pound cake so much because of its texture and with banana, it’s even better.
This pound cake was made the typical way a pound cake is made, but with the addition of mashed bananas. It was baked for 1 hour until it was fully formed and perfectly moist. My family loved this banana pound cake, and I even brought some to work. It can be eaten as a snack or breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. Everyone loved it!
- 1 cup butter ,at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs ,at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas ( about 3 medium bananas)
- Confectioners' or icing sugar ,for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired