Beef salpicao is a delicious and satisfying Filipino dish for the garlic lovers out there. It is one of those easy-to-make dishes that is perfect on a busy weekday. It has only a few ingredients and easy procedure, but still packs a ton of flavor.
Beef salpicao consists of tender pieces of beef with mushrooms. It is seasoned with a lot of garlic, butter, paprika and soy sauce. Sirloin beef or tenderloin can be used, but this particular recipe uses rib-eye. There are also different versions of salpicao out there including chicken, pork or even seafood. No matter which protein is used, this dish is always super flavorful and garlicy.
- 2 rib eye steaks , about 11 oz each
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 12 cloves garlic , peeled
- 8 oz small button mushrooms , halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Slice the steaks crosswise into 1/8-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are cooked, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mushrooms onto a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil into the empty skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook, stirring occasionally until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked mushrooms (plus accumulated juices) to the skillet and stir. Add the butter, paprika and soy sauce. Stir until combined.
- Serve with steamed rice.