These chicken lettuce wraps are different from the ones that my family and I eat at Chinese restaurants. This version uses diced cooked chicken, apples and grapes and is coated with the sauce mixture of peanut butter, mayonnaise and honey. These wraps are light, healthy and easy to make. It is even made easier by using an already cooked rotisserie chicken meat. Wrapping the chicken mixture and eating it with the crispy lettuce leaf makes this wrap so refreshingly delicious. I had to double the recipe when I made this for my family. Yummy!
Chicken and Peanut Butter Lettuce Wrap
Author: Liza A
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken meat
- ¾ cup diced apple (that has been peeled and cored)
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 20 seedless red grapes, halved
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 leaves of iceberg or romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apple, onion, grapes and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, mayonnaise and honey and stir well.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon filling into open lettuce leaf and roll up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from girlwhoateeverything
Leave a Reply