This chicken stuffed avocado dish is so tasty. It is very versatile since the dish can be made using left over rotisserie chicken meat. It’s a great dish to have on a low carb diet as well. In addition, the fact that they are served in the avocado makes it easier to portion it out.
In this dish, some of the avocado is first scooped out. Then, it is mixed with the chicken meat along with the cream cheese and tomatoes. The chicken mixture is scooped into the avocado halves and then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Finally, it is baked in the oven until the cheese is melted. The result is a delicious and creamy dish that is full of flavor. Serving the chicken it in the avocado is totally optional. You can scoop out all of the chicken mixture and avocado and serve it in a bowl. Overall, I was happy with the dish and will definitely be making it again in the future.
Chicken Stuffed Avocado
- 2 avocados, cut in a half and pit removed
- 8 oz chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, about 10 pieces, cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Scoop out some of the avocado from each half. Place it into a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, cherry tomatoes. Mix well until cream cheese and avocado are fully incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each avocado half with the chicken mixture. Top each avocado half with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the avocado in the oven until Parmesan cheese has melted