This chicken with sun dried tomato and spinach dish is a tasty dish that is also easy to prepare. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are used because I like how quick they are to cook and how tender the meat is. The chicken is cooked in a creamy sauce consisting of spinach, Parmesan cheese and sun dried tomatoes. The sun dried tomatoes really shine in this dish!
The combination of the creaminess of the sauce and the taste and texture of the spinach and sun dried tomatoes makes this dish the perfect complement to any kind of pasta or rice dish. The fact that this dish is so versatile and that it can be whipped up pretty quickly makes it a winner!
Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 lbs total
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Rice or pasta to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken thighs for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, water, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. Whisk continuously over medium-low heat until the sauce starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and sundried tomatoes. Simmer until the spinach starts to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve over pasta or rice, if desired.