My family and I just recently came back from a week vacation in Calgary. We went to visit my son and stayed at his place in downtown Calgary. Calgary’s weather has always been weird and while we were there, we were only given a couple of nice sunny days. We took advantage of those days by going on a hike and by going to the ‘A Taste of Calgary’ event, where we were able to taste different food from different cultures. During the time when there was rain and thunderstorm, we stayed at home. We watched the Olympics, played games and did some cooking and baking. One of the dishes we made was this cranberry oatmeal bites, the recipe of which we took from the insert booklet of the food network magazine. I love that booklet because it has so many recipes that I want to try. So far, I’ve already made three dishes from that booklet, all of which my family and I really enjoyed. We chose this oatmeal bites because it is something that all of us can have for breakfasts or even for snacks.
Cranberry Oatmeal Bites
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with melted butter.
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, melted butter, eggs, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Stir in oats, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and baking powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide oat mixture among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply