I love bok choy. It is quite common for me and my family to order this Chinese cabbage when we eat at Chinese restaurants. Therefore, it is no surprise that I also love to cook with this vegetable at home. This steamed bok choy dish is simple and very healthy. It consists of steamed bok choy with a sauce made of pan fried garlic and soy sauce. What I like about this dish is how quick and easy it is to make. The garlic sauce goes really well with the bok choy. Not to mention, it is also my hubby’s favorite dish to have. When I make this simple dish for my family, I usually partner this dish with pork adobo.
Steamed Bok Choy with Garlic Sauce
- 6 pieces baby bok choy halved and washed thoroughly
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Steam bok choy for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low medium heat, add garlic and sauté until brown.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water and cornstarch. Pour the mixture in the pan and stir until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over steamed bok choy. Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply