These crispy baked salt and pepper chicken wings are a simple, delicious and healthier way of eating chicken wings. My inspiration for this dish comes from a similar salt and pepper chicken wings dish that my family always orders at a local Chinese restaurant. I was so happy with the outcome as the wings came out surprisingly crispy!
These chicken wings are simply seasoned with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Then, the wings are baked for an hour on a rack placed on a baking sheet to allow for more even cooking. It is as simple as that! My family could not resist these crispy wings, especially when eaten fresh from the oven. It is amazing that there is no oil in the recipe yet the wings came out so crispy and the best part about baking these wings is the easy cleanup. My family ate these wings on their own, but you can enjoy it with your favorite dipping sauce. This recipe is now my new favorite way of making wings without feeling guilty. Enjoy!
Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, a mixture of drumettes and wingettes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easier clean up). Place a rack on top of the baking sheet. Spray the rack with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt and pepper. Season wings with salt and pepper mixture.
- Place chicken wings on the prepared rack and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, flip and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until wings are crispy and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!