I first heard about this crispy garlic fried chicken wings dish from my youngest sister as it is a staple dish at their household. My family is a big fan of fried chicken, so I thought that this one would be a good one to make for them.
My sister normally uses different parts of the chicken, but I decided to use chicken wings since it’s easier to fry. The chicken wings were seasoned and then coated in a mixture of garlic, egg and cornstarch. It was then fried until browned and cooked through.
A challenge I encountered was when some garlic got separated from the batter and was fried separately. The wings turned out okay: crispy on the outside, moist inside and tasted garlicky! This garlic fried chicken is easy to make and is a sure hit especially for those who love garlic!
Crispy Garlic Fried Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings ,a mixture of wingettes and drumettes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 cloves garlic ,crushed and peeled
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Place the chicken wings in a big mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and mix well.
- Add the egg and cornstarch. Mix until well blended and chicken pieces are fully coated with the egg-cornstarch mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the wings, in batches and fry until brown and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.