It has been a while since I’ve shared a salmon dish. I continue to cook salmon for my family at least once a week and this new crispy salmon with garlic lemon butter was one that we really liked. I used a grill pan to cook this dish, which produced a golden-brown crust and a moist and flaky flesh. In this recipe, the seasoned salmon fillets were pan grilled to perfection and then simply served with a garlic lemon butter sauce. The crispy salmon was already good as is, but a drizzle of the sauce made it even better!
Crispy Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices , optional
Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 3 tbsp (plus 1 tsp), unsalted butter , cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Prepare the sauce by melting 1 teaspoon butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until lightly golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer until reduce in half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and honey, and whisk until the butter is melted and incorporated. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Rub salmon fillets on both sides with the olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on a hot grill pan, and cook for 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Gently turn over and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and rest for a while. Drizzle the salmon fillets with the sauce, sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with the lemon slices, if desired.