Summer is here and I am enjoying all my free time. The weather has been warm and I have been going out for longs walks and doing lots of gardening. I also have a lot more time for cooking. The other day, I decided to make a classic easy banana bread out of the ripe bananas I had.
I have shared so many banana bread recipes in the past such as this chocolate chip banana bread and this cinnamon swirl banana bread. However, I realized that I have yet to share a plain banana bread here. I am surprised because I love plain banana bread and my family does too!
This recipe is simple and easy. I used 4 ripe bananas and I reduced the sugar. It came out delicious as always, especially with a cup of coffee or milk.
Easy Banana Bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs , beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and then preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease and flour a 9X5-inch loaf pan and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat well until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply