My family and I love to eat homemade barbecue during the summer and Filipino Pork BBQ and Korean Style Ribs are some of our favorites. These delicious meats are not complete without a great side dish. We usually enjoy a healthier and lighter side dish, so I decided to make these easy grilled vegetables to go along with the BBQ. It is a simple dish that is seasoned with just the basics: salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Italian seasoning is my go-to seasoning because it never disappoints. This dish is no different! In this dish, fresh mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers are combined in a bowl and drizzled with olive oil. Then they are seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. I grilled the vegetables by placing them in a pan and placing it on a grill until the vegetables were tender. The result was a healthy side dish to go along with a delicious barbecue.
Easy Grilled Vegetables
- 14 oz white mushrooms , cleaned and halved
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly cracked ground peppers , to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Toss until vegetables are completely coated with oil and seasonings. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer seasoned vegetables onto grill pan or basket. Place on medium high grill and grill, stirring every couple of minutes, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your favorite barbecue meat.
Leave a Reply