Here is another delicious recipe that I made using a muffin pan. I have already made couple of recipes using this versatile pan and both were a hit with my family. I chose this Focaccia Bites recipe because my family loves focaccia bread. We like to dip it in a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This recipe is perfect in the sense that it is already portioned and it is something we can easily grab whenever we are hungry during the day. You can use store bought pizza dough but I opted to make my own. Although it took a total of two hours to let the dough rise, it was worth the time and effort because you will be rewarded with an aromatic and satisfying focaccia bites. Enjoy!
- 12-14 oz pizza dough store bought or homemade (see recipe below)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- 5-6 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
Homemade Pizza Dough
- ¾ cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp active-dry or instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp salt
Making the Pizza Dough (skip these steps if you're using store-bought dough)
- Combine water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you've formed a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface along with any loose flour still in the bowl. Knead until all the flour is incorporated, and the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should still feel moist and slightly tacky. If it's sticking to your hands and countertop like bubble gum, work in more flour, one tablespoon at a time, until it is smooth. Transfer dough into an oiled bowl, cover with a clean damp kitchen towel and let rise for an hour.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with melted butter.
- Press 1.2 oz dough into each 12 muffin cup. Let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Brush top of each dough with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped rosemary.
- Spread each top with 1 teaspoon pesto and couple slices of tomatoes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!