Lemon, garlic and butter. These three ingredients are just the perfect match. This is how I knew that when I stumbled upon the recipe for these lemon garlic pork chops, I just had to make it. I was so glad that I did!
First, the pork chops are coated in flour and fried. Then they are cooked with garlic, butter and lemon. These scrumptious pork chops came out so tender and crisp on the outside. The flavors from the garlic, butter and lemon juice perfectly compliment the pork. Overall, I enjoyed these pork chops very much!
Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
- 1 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp freshly sliced chives
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat the pork chops, shaking off the excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil along with 1 tbsp of butter. Add the pork chops and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic and 1 tbsp of butter. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken broth and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced to about half, around 4 minutes.
- Return the pork chops to the pan. Add the thinly sliced lemon slices, and cook for about a minute.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice, sprinkle with chives and serve.