These no bake chocolate macaroons are a simple and easy dessert that requires you to mix the ingredients without the need to bake it. They are known by several different names like “haystacks” or “frogs”. I learned about this recipe from one of my co-workers. She brought it into work one day and shared her mom’s recipe with me. Since then, this addictive snack has been regularly brought in during treat days at work. This recipe consists of only a few steps. The first step is to mix the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa and boil it for 4 minutes. Then, the oats and shredded coconut are mixed in. Tablespoon-fulls of the mixture are dropped onto wax paper and left to set. The results were these stacks of chewy chocolate goodies that will satisfy one’s cravings!
No Bake Chocolate Macaroons
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup unsalted butter , cubed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa , sifted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and coconut. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, milk, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and then add the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and coconut. Mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfulls onto wax or parchment paper. Allow to dry and set for several hours before lifting off the paper.