This Parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts dish is the perfect side to accompany any meat dish. I love how simple this dish is to make and how tender and delicious the sprouts turn out. The Brussels sprouts are seared perfectly and the aromatics complement the sprouts and bacon perfectly. This side dish is also low in carbohydrates, so those on low carb diets can eat this! In this recipe, the bacon is first cooked until crispy in the skillet to render the fat, then removed and set aside. The fat from the bacon is used to cook the Brussels sprouts. The trick is to not stir the sprouts at first to allow them to brown and to place them cut-side-down first. Then, you can stir the sprouts and cook until tender. Lastly, the garlic and shallots are added near the end of cooking. After topping it off with some Parmesan cheese, you have a delicious side dish! Enjoy!
Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut into quarters, or halves if small sprouts are small
- 3 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, add the bacon pieces. Stir continually until bacon pieces are cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving all of the oil in the pan, and set aside.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, cut side down. Cook for about 5 minutes without stirring. Then, stir the Brussels sprouts and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the garlic, shallots and stir for two minutes. Stir back in the bacon.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!