This recipe was created using left-over baby potatoes and feta cheese I had in my pantry and fridge. Roasting potatoes is my family’s favorite way of eating them. Coating them with the lemon vinaigrette and feta cheese was a great way to add flavor to these babies. After adding a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives from my garden, my family and I had this fabulous side dish with the brown sugar glazed salmon I made for dinner. Enjoy!
Roasted Potato with Feta Cheese and Lemon Vinaigrette
Author: Liza A
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat potatoes with canola oil and then spread in a single layer on the prepared pan. Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic. Slowly stream olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Beat lemon juice into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in roasted potatoes and feta cheese.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chives, if using.
Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe adapted from: allrecipes.com
This was so good! Will be a keeper! Easy and yummy!!!
Awesome! glad you liked it 🙂
Incredible recipe !!
I have made it several times and was never disappointed with the outcome. I have had it right out of the oven (the best in my opinion) , but cold and even warmed up in the microwave the next day were tasty as well !
Do you leave this at room temperature or refrigerate it? Looks delicious!
My family and I had these roasted potatoes warm and refrigerated the left-overs. You may either warm the left-overs or eat them cold.
I love this recipe. But I had trouble with the parchment paper. My potatoes got stuck. I kept moving them around but still had trouble. Any advice?
Hi, my advice is to skip the parchment paper and instead increase the amount of canola oil and hopefully the potatoes won’t stick to the baking sheet. Hope this helps 🙂
Was looking for something different and came across this recipe. Had all the ingredients so made this tonight- omgoodness- absolutely wonderful. Definitely a keeper recipe!! Thank you so much for sharing!
You’re welcome Stephanie! Glad you liked it 🙂 🙂
Wow – this looks so amazing! I will definitely have to give this a go!