Meatballs have always been one of my favorites ever since I was a child. I love eating meatballs dipped in ketchup, but eating them with spaghetti is the best. The meatballs in this recipe were baked not fried, which make it healthier. A creamy sauce made of sour cream, ketchup and consommé completes this wonderful dish. A challenge that I encountered while making this was keeping my family away from the kitchen. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be any more meatballs left by the time I finished making the sauce.
Normally stroganoff meatballs are served over broad egg noodles. As a typical Filipino would do, I serve it with rice. Yummy! 🙂
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2-10 oz. cans consommé (undiluted)
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well and roll in balls of desired size.
- Place on edged cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a pan. Add onion and cook until browned.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add ketchup and consommé, cooking slowly until thickened.
- Add sour cream, then meatballs.
- Serve over broad egg noodles or rice.
Leave a Reply