I was browsing through the local newspaper at work when I stumbled upon this Thai roasted shrimp with green beans recipe. It caught my attention because of the ingredients and the way it was cooked. Moreover, the shrimp, which is the main ingredient, is one of my family’s favorite. The green beans and the use of red curry paste in the sauce are added bonus. I like that this dish is roasted in the oven using only one baking sheet. That is, only one sheet is used to toast the peanuts and to roast the shrimp and green beans. The dish came out flavorful and colorful to look at. A sprinkle of the toasted peanuts gave this dish a nice crunchy taste and texture.
- Large shrimp – peeled and deveined with tails intact
- Green beans
- Sauce: canola oil, lime juice, fish sauce, honey, red curry sauce, grated ginger and garlic, red chilies
- Garnish: toasted peanuts, chopped basil
How to make Thai Roasted Shrimp with Green Beans
To make this roasted shrimp with green beans dish, place the peanuts on a baking sheet and toast it in the oven for 4 minutes. Then, whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss and coat the shrimp and green beans in the sauce. Finally, place the mixture on the baking pan and roast it for 12 minutes. It is as simple as that! Serve this dish with steamed rice and garnish with the toasted peanuts and chopped basil.
- Keep an eye on the peanuts while toasting in the oven because they can burn fast.
- You may omit the chili if you are not fond of spicy food. On the other hand, use 2 red Thai chilies if you want to add a kick in your food
- When roasting, make sure the shrimp and green beans are spread out in a single layer
Thai Roasted Shrimp with Green Beans
- 1 lb large shrimp
- ½ cup unsalted raw peanuts
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger peeled and minced or grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 to 2 fresh red Thai chilies seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ lb green beans trimmed
- Chopped fresh basil
- Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Set aside.
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Spread out the peanuts onto a baking sheet and then place in the oven until toasted, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, fish sauce, honey, red curry paste, ginger, garlic and chilies. Add the shrimp and green beans, and toss to coat. Place on the sheet pan, spreading out the shrimp and green beans in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven until shrimp is pink and green beans are tender, about 12 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with the toasted peanuts and chopped basil.