These Vietnamese style baked chicken thighs are tasty and convenient. There are basically only two steps in this recipe. The first step is to marinate the chicken thighs in a mixture of soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger, lime, garlic and chili garlic paste. Then, after marinating for up to four hours, the chicken thighs are baked in the oven. Make sure to put the chicken thighs on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet! The thighs are sweet, tangy with a little bit of heat. Marinate these chicken thighs for longer for a tastier dish. This dish is so convenient, and the clean-up is easy!
Vietnamese Style Baked Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp hot chili-garlic paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp finely grated zest from 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sliced limes and cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag. Pour in the marinade and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and set oven rack to middle position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. Place the marinated chicken thighs, skin side up, on top of the wire rack, making sure to let excess marinade drip off. Discard the marinade. Bake until the thighs are cooked through and no longer pink on the inside, about 35 minutes. Garnish with lime slices and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!