There are many Filipino dishes that use shrimp as a main ingredient, primarily because they are so abundant in the Philippines. I learned this shrimp with ginger and soy sauce recipe from my mother-in-law. It is easy, simple to make and delicious. Personally, I think cooking the shrimps with the head intact makes this dish more flavorful.
- 1 lb medium- size shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thumb-size ginger, cut into julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oil, add ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, stir, and cover and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimps change color.
- Add soy sauce, stir and cook for another minute.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!!!