Avocado is a favorite in my family. My husband eats avocado toast almost every day for breakfast with his coffee. Also, when growing up, my siblings and I would eat avocado mixed with ice cubes and condensed milk. It was a sweet and refreshing treat to have on a hot day in the Philippines. That dish reminds me of the taste of this avocado ice cream.
This avocado ice cream was inspired by a mango ice cream dessert I made last month. It is so easy to make and requires no ice cream maker and no churning. All that you need to do is process the ingredients and then mix it well. Covering the exposed surface with plastic wrap is an important step since it prevents the formation of ice crystals. The result is delicious and refreshing avocado ice cream that is perfect on those hot summer days. My family loves this ice cream so much, I think I will be making it again in the future!
Avocado Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 10 oz (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (500 ml) whipping cream
- Cut the avocados in halves, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh. Place the avocado, lemon juice and condensed milk in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the avocado mixture and fold it in until no white streaks can be seen.
- Spoon the mixture into a container, preferably a glass one with a lid. Cover the entire top surface with a plastic wrap and then cover with the lid. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.