I found this recipe online and it originally used left-over mashed potato to create the potato puffs. I don’t have left-over mashed potato so I made some from scratch. I simply mashed the cooked potatoes and did not add any cream or butter. I was thinking that the bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives will give this potato puffs enough flavor and texture. I was right; these savory potato puffs were simply delicious!
Bacon and Cheddar Potato Puffs
Author: Liza A
Serves: 12 potato puffs
- 3 lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain off water, mash the potatoes, and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 2 large muffin pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs then mix in the sour cream. Stir in bacon, cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 4 cups mashed potatoes and mix well. Spoon them into the pan filling the cups to slightly below the top.
- Bake 25- 35 minutes until the potatoes are browned and set. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence
Yum, bite-sized and packed with bacon and cheese! I could easily have a dozen of these. 🙂