Early this year I made this delicious baked pesto chicken dish that my family loved so much. Since then I have been making it regularly and last weekend I decided to take it to the next level. For additional flavor and texture, I topped the baked pesto chicken with the dynamic duo of tomato and grated mozzarella cheese. The result was tasty chicken pieces topped with gooey, cheesy goodness. Yummy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup basil pesto, homemade or store bought
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Add pesto and mixed thoroughly until chicken is fully coated with sauce.
- Place chicken onto prepared baking sheet, making sure top of chicken is fully covered with sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove sheet from oven; top each chicken with 2 slices of tomatoes and then sprinkle top with cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with your favorite salad or steamed vegetables.