Filipino beef tapa is one of the many marinated meat dish that Filipinos love to have for breakfast. It can also be enjoyed at any time of the day. This recipe is a very easy and fast way to make beef tapa at home.
The slices of beef are first marinated in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper and garlic overnight and then pan-fried. The resulting dish was perfectly fried beef that looked incredibly appetizing and tasty. The beef was so flavorful because it was marinated overnight. My family and I enjoyed this all-time favorite with a simple Java rice, slices of tomato and cucumber. The meal was satisfyingly delicious and reminded me of the time when I was still in the Philippines. Enjoy!
Filipino Beef Tapa
- 2 lbs beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic grated or minced
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, combine ingredients for the marinade. Add beef, cover or seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat from the marinade and drain well.
- Pan fry the meat, in batches in hot oil until brown.
- Serve with plain rice or java rice, fried egg, slices of tomatoes and cucumber.