I have been eating lots of salads lately, especially at lunch time at work. Most of the time, I would also bring a sandwich for supplement. This homemade potato salad recipe is one salad that can be a meal unto itself. It is not only delicious, but is filling as well. The great thing about it is that it can be served as a side dish too. The addition of bacon and celery gives this salad a crunchy taste and texture. It has become one of my family’s favorites. This creamy potato salad recipe is truly the best homemade potato salad I have tasted!
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Sliced the cooled potatoes in cubes, leaving skin on. Place cut potatoes in a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery.
In a medium bowl, combine together mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard; mix well. Add to the potato mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine. Chill for an hour before serving.