I love this broccoli, chickpea and cucumber salad because it’s easy to prepare and it’s a complete meal on its own. Other than cooking the broccoli, this salad does not require much cooking. Chickpeas are one of my all time favorite beans, so the addition of it in this salad is a plus!
In this salad, the broccoli, chickpeas, English cucumber and red grapes are tossed in a simple dressing of white wine vinegar, whole grain mustard and olive oil. The result is a refreshingly delicious light and healthy salad, perfect to have on a summer days.
This broccoli, chickpea and cucumber salad is easy to prepare and it’s
a complete meal on its own. It is refreshingly delicious, light and healthy.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups halved red grapes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook broccoli until crisp tender, about a minute. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, chickpeas, cucumber, grapes and parsley; toss to coat. If desired, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
Recipe source: foodnetwork.ca