I am still recovering from a week of being sick. My diet consisted mostly of congee, tinolang manok and arroz caldo. They are my go-to food when I am sick and not feeling well. Although I love these foods greatly, it is nice to go back to my everyday normal diet.
This cauliflower and broccoli dish combo is simple and yet delicious and healthy. It was simply boiled and then coated with fresh herbs, lemon zest and butter. This vegetable side dish goes well with the tasty pesto chicken I made for dinner. I especially love the refreshing and crunchy taste of the vegetable florets. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 tbsp finely sliced fresh chives
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh or ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 1 lb)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets (7 oz)
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat 2 quarts water to boiling over high heat. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together butter, chives, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water in saucepan; cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Add butter mixture to vegetables in saucepan; toss to coat.