Being a working mom, Saturday is a busy day for me. I do most of my grocery shopping on Saturdays. We usually have roast chicken for lunch and the leftovers are used to make soup for dinner. This is one of the few recipes that I make using leftover roast chicken.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Serves: 4-5 servings
- Leftover roast chicken ( meat and bones)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small carrot, cut into strips
- 4 pieces baby bok choy, halved,washed,drained and cut
- Noodles from 1 instant noodle package
- First separate the chicken meat from the bones, then put everything in a medium stock pot. Add enough water to cover the meat and bones. Bring to a boil.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and carrots. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove all bones, add bok choy and noodles. Cook for 3 minutes until noodles are tender and separated.
- Adjust seasonings according to taste. Serve and enjoy.