Here is another easy chicken dish. The star of this chicken with tarragon cream sauce dish is definitely the sauce which is creamy and full of flavor. When it is combined with the chicken, it’s a definite hit!
In this dish, the chicken thighs are simply browned in the pan before simmering until fully cooked. The creamy tarragon sauce consists of heavy cream, lemon, Dijon mustard, and tarragon. After removing the chicken from the pan, the sauce is poured into the skillet. The flavors of the chicken and the creamy sauce blend together as the sauce simmers and thickens for a couple of minutes. Then, the sauce is poured over the chicken. The result is perfectly cooked and browned chicken with a deliciously addictive sauce. Yum!
Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 5 pieces chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tarragon
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, Dijon mustard, tarragon, lemon juice and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin side down, and brown the chicken until skin is crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces over. Pour 1 cup of chicken stock and 1 cup of water and simmer the chicken until fully cooked, about 20 minutes, adding more water if it’s running low, ½ cup at a time.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Serve and enjoy.