Apples are abundant this time of the year. I’ve been enjoying all the different kinds that are available at supermarkets. So, it makes sense that I decided to make this cinnamon apple crisp. I’ve tried some apple crisp at work during treat day and I really enjoyed it. I like this recipe because of its simple and easy to find ingredients. It also includes cinnamon, which makes the apple dessert even tastier. In this dessert, the slices of apples were first coated with sugar, flour and cinnamon and then topped with a coarse crumble. Finally, it was baked for 45 minutes. It came out great and I love the crunchy top and the soft, tender apple filling. I enjoyed this cinnamon apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is indeed the ultimate autumn dessert.
Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced tart apples
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter , room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar ( use 3/4 cup if serving with ice cream)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cold butter , cubed
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream , optional
- Place the slices of apples in an 11X7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently stir to combine. Spread out the mixture evenly and dot top with 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the beaten egg until moistened. Sprinkle over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 375 degree F preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if using.
Leave a Reply