Fish is a staple food in our house. My husband and I both love fish and will never get tired of eating it. Our favorite is salmon, which is abundant here in Vancouver. Some of the fish we also like to eat are pomfret, snapper, sea bass and cod. Whether it is pan-fried, baked or grilled, fish is always an integral part of our diet.
Recently, I tried making this crusted baked cod. My husband and I love this dish. It is a simple and easy recipe to make for a weekday dinner, especially when pressed for time. The seasoned cod fillet is coated with a mixture of lemon juice, zest, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and chopped parsley. It is then sprinkled with a generous amount of Panko breadcrumbs and baked for 15 minutes. The result is a delicious fish fillet that has a tasty crust and a moist, tender flesh. This crusted baked cod is definitely a keeper!
- Cod fillet – a nutritious and flavorful fish packed with protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Salt and pepper –used to season the fish
- Lemon juice and zest – gives this dish its tangy taste.
- Mayonnaise – binds the topping ingredients together.
- Dijon mustard – gives this dish its tangy, sharp and strong flavor.
- Italian parsley – an herb that is rich in vitamins and other anti-oxidants.
- Panko breadcrumbs – gives this dish its crispy taste and texture.
HOW TO MAKE CRUSTED BAKED COD:
To make this crusted baked cod recipe, first season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Next, combine the lemon juice and zest, mayonnaise, mustard and chopped parsley. Mix well and then spread the mixture evenly over the fish fillet. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs. Bake the fish in the preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Although I used cod fillet in this recipe, other white fish may also be used.
- Make sure not to overbake the fish.
Crusted Baked Cod
- 2 lbs cod fillet
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cod on the baking sheet and season with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, combine together the lemon juice and zest, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over the cod. Sprinkle top with the breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and your favorite sides.
Leave a Reply