My family loves fish so much and we eat it at least once a week. We love baked salmon dishes such as Maple Mustard Baked Salmon or even baked plain with just seasoning salt. When I saw this lemon garlic halibut, I knew we would love it too. I like this recipe because it’s healthy, easy and very tasty.
In this recipe, the halibut fillets are first marinated in a lemon-garlic based marinade. It is then baked in the oven for 20 minutes. Finally, it is topped with some fresh chopped tomatoes and parsley. The result is delicious and flaky fish perfectly complimented by the smoky lemon–garlic sauce. We even enjoyed the leftovers- when the fish has had more time to marinate in the delicious lemon-garlic sauce. Yum!
Lemon Garlic Halibut
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1 tomato ,diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large casserole dish (9x13), mix the olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, garlic, dill, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Place the halibut in the casserole dish. Spoon some of the marinade on top of the fish to make sure it’s well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place the casserole dish in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with the chopped tomatoes and chopped parsley, Enjoy!