This easy chicken salad sandwich was inspired from the chicken sandwich my husband used to have when he was young. He would go to his mom’s workplace after school and his mom would always buy him a chicken sandwich for a snack. According to him, the chicken salad sandwich was in white bread with slices of cucumber in between. The sandwich was even wrapped in wax paper.
I love using leftover rotisserie chicken meat because my family loves rotisserie chicken and there are always leftovers. I am always looking for ways to use this flavorful and versatile meat. That is why I was able I put a twist on this chicken salad by using left-over rotisserie chicken and sweet green relish. The rest of the ingredients are the most basics in making a chicken salad. By using leftover rotisserie chicken, the meat is already seasoned,and therefore more flavorful. Furthermore, I only needed to use a very small amount of salt. This recipe is simple, easy to prepare and yet satisfyingly delicious. It is an ideal meal to have for lunch at work.
Easy Chicken Salad Sandwich
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet green relish
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned and patted dry
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, relish and Dijon mustard. Add celery and diced chicken; mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce leaves on each of 4 bread slices, top with chicken salad mixture, slices of cucumber and remaining bread slice.