Fall is finally in full swing which means that some of the fall favorites are coming back. Foods such as pumpkin and squash are starting to appear in grocery stores. About a month ago I shared a baked spaghetti squash recipe that I really enjoyed. So, today I decided to share another spaghetti squash dish. This time it’s garlic Parmesan spaghetti squash.
To say that this dish is garlicky and cheesy is an understatement. The garlic and shallots together along with the Parmesan cheese create such a delicious and comforting flavor. First, the spaghetti squash is roasted in the oven, similar to how I prepared it in this baked spaghetti squash with tomato meat sauce dish. Then, it is simply tossed in a mixture of garlic, shallot and Parmesan cheese. The result was a super garlicky and cheesy vegetarian dish. Enjoy!
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for brushing
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Paprika for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- With a knife, carefully score squash and poke holes lengthwise where you’re going to cut it in half.
- Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Carefully cut the squash in a half. Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the two halves cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash until tender, about 30 minutes. Allow several minutes to cool.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides to create a spaghetti-like texture. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots. Season with salt an pepper. Cook until soft and slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the spaghetti squash for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley (optional)
Recipe adapted: Chowhound