My youngest son and his friend made this delicious halibut with lime garlic sauce dish for dinner when they hung out at her place couple of weeks ago. They had some left-overs and my son brought it home so I was able to taste it. It was so good, we decided to recreate it at home last week. I love this dish because it has only a few easy accessible ingredients and it is super easy to make as well. You just have to combine all the sauce ingredients and spread it over the fish. The sauce kept the fish nice and moist while it was in the oven baking. Furthermore, the combination of garlic, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest made this dish smell so great and taste so flavorful. My family and I enjoyed it so much, we decided to make it again soon. This time, we are thinking of using a less expensive fish. I am pretty sure it will taste great as well. Enjoy!
Halibut with Lime Garlic Sauce
- 1 ½-2 lbs halibut fillet
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise I used olive oil mayo
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly oil a 9X5-inch glass baking dish.
- Slice halibut fillet into 4 pieces and place in the baking dish. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine together mayonnaise, juice and zest of lime, ginger and garlic; mix well.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over the halibut pieces, making sure to fully coat each piece of fish.
- Bake coated fish in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with rice and your favorite veggies. Enjoy!