These jalapeno stuffed mushrooms are the perfect little snack or appetizer. The filling which consists of cream cheese, bacon, jalapeno and cheddar is the most perfect combination of flavors. The creaminess of the cream cheese, the heat from the jalapeno pepper and the saltiness and smokiness of the bacon create such an exciting blend of flavors. You may remove the jalapeno seeds to make these jalapeno bacon mushroom poppers a bit milder. The mushroom caps are first baked without the filling to get as much of the liquid out of the mushrooms as possible. Then, the filling is added and is returned to the oven until the filling is bubbling.
Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- 8 mushrooms cleaned
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped (you may remove the seeds to make it mild)
- 3 oz (85g) cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the stem from the mushrooms leaving a cavity to fill. Chop the mushroom stems and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped mushroom stems, garlic and chopped jalapeno. Cook and stir until the mushroom stems release its moisture, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer the jalapeno/mushroom mixture to bowl. Add the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Add the mushroom caps to the baking sheet, with the hole facing down. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes to get the moisture out of the caps.
- Flip the mushroom caps over so that the hole is facing up. Drain the baking sheet of any liquid. Spoon a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture into each of the mushroom caps to fill the cavity.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!