Salmon is a staple fish in my house, especially when it is baked. It is a type of fish that my whole family loves to eat because it is very healthy. I am constantly looking for new recipes and other ways of preparing salmon. My favorite way of preparing salmon is to bake it in the oven because it is easier to clean up and is healthier than pan frying it. I have tried many salmon dishes but not all have been appreciated and enjoyed by the whole family. Maple mustard baked salmon is a dish my whole family really enjoys. It is sweet, succulent and delicious. I will definitely add this dish to my list of family’s favorite recipes. I hope you’ll enjoy this simple and easy dish as much as my family does!
- 3 salmon fillets about 8 oz each
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup old style prepared mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put salmon pieces in a baking dish and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup and mustard. Pour over salmon pieces, cover with plastic wrap and let marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the salmon pieces from the marinade and transfer on a baking pan lined with foil. Bake at preheated 400°F oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve with rice or with your favorite salad.
Recipe adapted from “The Best of Chef at Home” cookbook.
If you enjoyed this healthy baked salmon dish, here are some others that I have made: