Last weekend, we had lots of snow here in Vancouver. My family was not able to leave the house on Saturday due to the road conditions. Sunday was much better and me and my husband were able to go grocery shopping. I only bought the basic necessities such as bread, yogurt, some vegetables and fruits. On Thursday, I was pressed for time and was looking for a quick and easy dish to make for dinner. Luckily, I stumbled upon this lemony chicken stir fry recipe from “Food and Wine”. This recipe has easy to find ingredients. Chicken thighs/breasts and lemons are very common ingredients that I already had in my kitchen. In this simple lemony chicken stir fry dish, the chicken pieces were stir fried with the aromatics and then flavored with soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. The result was a simple, fast and rewarding dish. I served it with steamed broccoli and rice. Enjoy!
Lemony Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion ,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion ,thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through, 3 minutes longer.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with the sliced green onion and serve with rice.