This green tea matcha ice cream is inspired by the many matcha foods that I tried when I went to Japan last month. I’ve also shared some no churn ice cream recipes in the past, so I thought immediately about making a green tea ice cream. This soft and creamy ice cream is no churn and does not require an ice cream maker. This dessert consists of only four ingredients: condensed milk, matcha powder, whipping cream and a pinch of salt. I love the taste of matcha, so I’ve been using it a lot in baking recently. This matcha ice cream is easy to make. After beating the ice cream, it is folded into the condensed milk and the matcha powder mixture. The result is a refreshing ice cream that is perfect on a hot and sunny day.
Matcha Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 1 can 10 oz (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, matcha powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream on medium low speed until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in half of the cream mixture into the condensed mixture. Repeat with the remaining half cream mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a container, preferably a glass one. Cover loosely with a plastic wrap, making sure the plastic covers the entire top surface. This step will prevent the formation of ice crystals on the surface. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.